Kurt D. Holzer
- Personal Injury,
- Auto Accidents / Car Collisions,
- Idaho Trucking Accident Attorneys,
- Bicycle Crash And Cycling Injury Claims,
- Chiropractic Malpractice And Chiropractic Stroke,
- Product Liability – Defective and Dangerous Products,
- Uninsured and Underinsured Motorists Claims,
- Insurance Bad Faith / Insurance Claim Denial and Disputes
- [email protected]
- EDUCATION & ACCOLADES
Kurt Holzer is a James J. May award-winning trial attorney. His fellow Idaho Trial Lawyers selected him as the 2011 Idaho Trial Lawyer of the Year. Like all his partners, he has an AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating as a Personal Injury Lawyer from Martindale Hubble, its highest. He has been recognized by The Best Lawyers in America© both for plaintiff’s representation and for insurance litigation; as a “Local Litigation Star” for injury litigation by Benchmark Litigation; with the SuperLawyer designation from Thomson Reuters for a high-degree of peer recognition and professional achievement over the past decade; and, has a “Superb” rating of a perfect 10 from the rating organization AVVO.
As trial counsel, Kurt has obtained several seven figure jury verdicts in trucking, dram shop, and premises liability litigation. He has also recovered tens of millions of dollars in settlements for his clients. You can contact him via email or our online contact form.
Kurt is also past President of the Idaho Trial Lawyers Association. A 1992 graduate of the S.J. Quinney College of Law at the University of Utah, Kurt was a William H. Leary Scholar and served as Executive Editor of the Utah Law Review.
He is an active presence in the Idaho Legislature and for many years has served as co-chair of the ITLA Governmental Relations committee. He continues to serve, as he has since 1999, as a member of the Professional Conduct Board of the Idaho State Bar. Kurt has published a number of articles on trial preparation and litigation skills as well as a study on Idaho jury behavior. He has also served as the director of the ITLA “Rookie Camp” program teaching new lawyers about plaintiffs’ civil litigation practice. For more about Kurt’s professional background you can visit his personal Linked In page.
Kurt is a member of the BikeLaw network of independent cycling attorneys. On his favorite day of the year, Kurt announces bicycle racing at the Boise Twilight Criterium. He also spends an inordinate amount of his own time in the saddle. For more than a decade he represented America’s Olympic cycling organization, USACycling, in Idaho. He resides in Boise with his wife Ellie and a a pair of rescued basset hounds named Floyd and Roy.
He recently became ordained to be able to serve as an officiant at weddings. Kurt has previously served two terms as the head of the Hidden Springs Homeowners Association.
The S.J. Quinney College of Law at The University of Utah, JD – 1992
Honors: William H. Leary Scholar
Law Review: Member, 1990-91, Executive Editor, 1991 – 92
Colorado Mesa University, Grand Junction, Colorado B.A. cum laude – 1989
Idaho Trial Lawyer of the Year 2011 (Idaho Trial Lawyers Association)
Martindale Hubble AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated
Listed -The Best Lawyers in America,
Listed – Super Lawyers 2009 to present
Avvo Rated 10- Superb
Benchmark Litigation- Local Litigation Star
Idaho Trial Lawyers Association, President, 2005 – 2006
Idaho Trial Lawyers Association, Governmental Relations Committee Co-Chair, 2007 – Present
American Association for Justice, Idaho Representative, 2000 – 2001
American Association for Justice, Member, 1994 – Present
Idaho State Bar, Professional Conduct Board, Member, 2000 – Present
Idaho State Bar, Member, 1993 – Present
Idaho Supreme Court Committees:
- SLRA Implementation Committee
American Inns of Court 1997-99
Southwest Idaho Cycling Association , Manager, 2004 – 17
Lost River Cycling , Board of Directors, 2003 – Present
Hidden Springs Town Association, President-Board of Directors, 2008 – 2010
- Relevant Medical Expenses At Trial: Dyet v. McKinley Remains Smart And Controlling Idaho Law, The Advocate, Vol. 60, No. 5, 2017
- Idaho Injury Law – A Guidebook for Injured Idahoans , Speaker Media Press, 2011
- SLRA – Its Practical Application Requires Understanding Its Express Language, The Advocate, Vol. 48, No. 2, 2005
- Jury Awards in Idaho: A Survey Study of Punitive and Non-Economic Damage Awards in Idaho Courts, February 2003, with John Fielder, M.B.A., and Dr. Bryan Storer D.C. (Self-Published Research)
- The Novice Expert: 20 Rules for Depo Testimony, Law Reporter, Consumer Lawyers of Hawaii, March/April, 2000
- Readying the Rookie Expert – 20 Rules for Translating Knowledge to Testimony, Idaho Trial Lawyers Association Journal, Vol. 28, Number 4, 1999
- Understanding and Proving Damages on Behalf of Adult Children in Wrongful Death Litigation, (Co-Author with Dr. Sharon Katz) , Idaho Trial Lawyers Association Journal, Vol. 28, Number 2, 1999
- The Fundamentals of Preparing a Plaintiff for Deposition, Idaho Trial Lawyers Association Journal, Vol. 27, Number 2, 1998
Read My Blog Posts